Strata Engineering is a dynamic organization that is constantly growing. We are actively seeking talented Engineers, Technologists, and other qualified people with a passion for building science.
As a dynamic firm, we are looking for professional and highly motivated staff with a range of experience. In particular, we are looking for individuals who possess interest and training in building science and building enclosure issues, along with some practical field experience in construction.
*We offer competitive compensation with full health benefits, professional development and fast advancement to the right candidates.
We are looking for someone that leads a team by example and is a team player that thrives in a fast paced environment to join our Burnaby office.
– Performing Building Envelope Condition Assessments
– Design Preparation and Review
– Field Review
– Quality Control and Task Assignments
– Drawing Review
– Specification and Details Preparation
– Rehabilitation Construction Review
– Professional Engineer with APEGBC
– Minimum 10 years of experience within the building science discipline.
– Experience with structural design is a plus
We are looking for a technologist with people management, project management, and field work experience to join us as soon as possible.
– English Language – Native or Full professional working proficiency
– Strong work ethic and willingness to learn
– Excellent organizational and communication skills
– Strong integrity and dedication
– Strong attention to detail
Skills and Competency
– Understanding of residential, commercial and institutional building design and construction
– Knowledge of BC Building Code (Parts 3, 5 and 9)
– Knowledge of municipal requirements for permit applications
– Well versed with drafting using AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit etc.
– Minimum 3 years Experience in Building Envelope design
– Experience in Fieldwork and site inspections is mandatory
– Experience in the preparation of specifications
– Knowledge of building enclosure
– Experience with structural design is a Plus
– Graduation from DipT., B.Arch or similar programs
– Specialized training in drafting/AtoCAD certification is preferred but not mandatory
– Certification as AScT., C.Tech is a Plus
Roles and responsibility
– Inspections and field reviews
– Report preparation
– Preparation of specifications
– Design and drafting
– Administration and organization
– Communication with municipal governments and clients
To submit your application for consideration, please submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com